Thursday 3 February 2011

Better late than never

I am a few days late with updating, so much for doing my blog the following day. I had a busy weekend of birthdays and at the beginning of this week we had workmen in to put a log burning stove in our living room, my DH has wanted one for a long time.

I have been working my way through the Let's Scrap Blog Hop, I have completed nine of the fifteen challenges. I will admit that I am starting to struggle with the last few and I am not sure if I am going to complete all fifteen.

This page is for Resolution7, the challenge was to use a banner on the layout. I took these photos on our family holiday in Florida last year. We were at a great restaurant called The Cheesecake Factory. As you can guess they sell cheesecake, loads of it!

Daddy's Girl is for Resolution3, the challenge was to use three patterned papers and also some stitching on the page. I stitched the title, which I think came out really well. These papers are actually from a wedding pack, but I thought the colours worked well with DD's dress.

This layout is for Resolution12, the challenge was to use eyelets. I like eyelets, I like them even more since I discovered the Crop a dile at the crop. I bought one off Ebay & I love it, it sets the eyelets so easily. This is another photo from our family holiday last year, this Blog Hop is helping me finally finish our holiday album.

This layout is for Resolution1, the challenge was 'Pick a favorite layout in the Let’s Scrap Photo Gallery and scraplift it. Make sure to tell us, why it’s a favorite, what you scraplifted from it  and give a link to that layout. Note: you have to use the same sketch as the one you scraplifted from.' I picked a Dawn Tavela page, I think Dawn does lovely pages, unfortunately I don't think my efforts do her work justice.


This layout is for Dawn's Resolution, number 13, we had to use just cardstock, no patterned papers! I kept this quite simple, I think it that by doing so, it shows the photos off better.

Resolution14 was a  'Numbers challenge – Make a layout with the following on it 1 x lace/ribbon, 2 x pattern paper, 3 x flowers and 4 x bling/gems. This challenge took me out of my comfort zone, I tend to keep my pages simple, using all of the embellishments on one page is a new thing for me. I am really pleased with the results though.

So there we have it, my challenges so far. Just need to get motivated to finish the rest I have until the 14th of this month. Wish me luck. Oh I nearly forgot, as you may of noticed I finally managed to get a ticker on my page, hooray.

No comments:

Post a Comment