Thursday 14 July 2011

It's a family affair

Last weekend was the Eclectic Keepsakes crop and this month I had company, my Sister Liz tagged along. Liz got married last year and in my excitement in the run up to the big day I found a scrapbook wedding album and kit. Liz had an amazing photographer for her big day, who took hundreds of fabulous photos and Liz wanted to finally start on her album. Liz has never scrapbooked before, so it was a learning curve for her.

As always the ladies at Eclectic Keepsakes made us feel very welcome, it was a small session this month, I think that lots of the ladies were on holiday, with this in mind Karen decided not to do the class, which worked in our favour as we got to do more work on Liz's album (she has ALOT of photos).

This is Liz working on one of her pages, together we worked on eight pages and I have instructions from Liz to carry on, it will be a work in progress over the next few months. I think that Liz enjoyed herself, she said that she would come again which is a good sign. It was just nice hanging out with my baby Sister and doing  something that I love.


So I did none of my own layouts at the weekend, but I did make cupcakes for my Dad's Birthday, I used a recipe from a blog that I found mentioned in a book. The blog title is The Caked Crusader and if you love making cakes or if you just love cake you should check it out. I made Spiced beer cupcakes with honey buttercream, I was drawn to this recipe as the caked crusader used Adnams, which my Dad loves. The recipe was a hit with my Dad :)

So last weekend was all about family which was lovely, I know that my Mum and Dad love it when we all get together, I am glad that we could make their weekend.

1 comment:

  1. I am honoured to have contributed to such a lovely family event. All dads seem to love Adnams so it truly is a manly cupcake!

    ReplyDelete