Sunday 31 July 2011

What was I thinking????

I have had a gorgeous week in North Devon, the weather has been amazing. This is our third year in a row that we have packed the car with everything, including the kitchen sink.
As you might know I was worrying about how I was going to spend my evenings and I had asked for suggestions (thank you Laurie & Sandi), I packed a small amount of supplies and printed off the prompts from Shimelle's Explore Class. I am not sure what I was thinking, I got nothing done!! All that fresh air and hours on the beach, made sure that I was in bed by nine thirty every night.

Yes that's me, bodyboarding! When you get the right wave that carries you all the way back to shore it is an amazing feeling.

As for Shimelle's class, I am very behind but I hope to change that this week, I did manage to send myself a couple of postcards (much to my DH's amusement), they were waiting on the doormat when we got back this morning. I used some free postcards from a lovely pub that we visited last week, must admit I wasn't sure about the whole postcard thing, the last postcard I sent was ten years ago on my honeymoon, so writing one to myself felt a little strange, but I liked seeing it on the doormat, so maybe I might send myself a few more. Must remember to use second class stamps next time :)


Hopefully by the end of this week I will have some crafty news, but it is the school holidays so we shall have to wait and see. I am off to go spend the last couple of hours with DH before he has to go back to work, if only holidays lasted a little longer :)

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a lovely time.
    See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new look of your blog and I too am so behind with my explore prompts.

    ReplyDelete