Sunday 25 September 2011

All thanks to Laurie

I have been having a slight drought with my scrapping mojo of late. Even a day spent with the lovely ladies at Eclectic Keepsakes did not manage to water my mojo. As yet I have only managed to finish one of the gorgeous layouts designed by Ann Freeman.

I took this photo on a day trip to Ickworth House, I love how the black & white photo goes so well with the lovely glittery papers that Ann used. A girl could be tempted to buy more in this range from My Minds Eye.

I have made a really good friend at the crop, Laurie. We go out for coffee and put the world to rights, this week she took me to a craft shop that she had found in Clacton. It is a great little find and if I had my mojo I am sure that I would have bought plenty, but I didn't (Steve, please take note!). The shop has pieces around that the staff have done, on a lovely tag there was a flower. This flower has taken my fancy, but I had no idea of where to start. This is where Laurie comes to my rescue, not only did she patiently explain how I could make one of these flowers, she went home and sent me an E-zine which had full instructions and photos. So hopefully this week I will be making flowers and have something to show you.

So Laurie has spurred me on and given me a friendly shake (just what I needed).
Look what I have managed to do.....


Not only have I managed to complete a layout I also managed to use Glimmer Mist and this gorgeous blingy flourish. Just what the scrapping mojo ordered.


So let's hope that this is a more scrappy week, I am hoping to have flowers, a layout and also the completed buttonholes that I have been asked to make to show you next, wish me luck x

2 comments:

  1. Love what you have made this week and isn't it lovely to find friends who are of the same mind of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaah thank you, I am glad I was of some help.
    Enough of the mush..get going on all that stuff or I'll be round to kick your a***.
    Remember I know where you live...

    ReplyDelete