Wednesday 11 January 2012

Feeling Productive

It is the start of January and I am feeling very productive, I almost feel like giving myself a tap on my back. Strange how it is the simple things that please us. I have been scrapping to my hearts content, so my January is off to a good crafty start. 

Last weekend was the Eclectic Keepsakes Crop, I love these days, I know I pretty much say it every month, but I can't help myself. It is so lovely to hang out with ladies who get the crafty thing. We had some newbies this month which was nice and as always there was the usual banter and gently teasing of me. This month was a little different as there was no actual class, so I actually got some layouts completed as well as doing plenty of chatting.

What am I saying, some stuff done. I completed FOUR, yes four pages. I made it my mission this year to do some Christmas layouts. I took lots of photos and even planned out some layouts in advance. Unfortunately I left them on the kitchen table, but my ever loving husband flew to my rescue and drove all the way home and then back again, with the layouts.


I love this photo of DD, her eyes are so big and she truly is full of Glee, she is such a huge fan. The papers are old Christmas ones, but I love that they are unusual Christmas colours. The pink works perfectly with DD dressing gown (the photo doesn't really show that).


For the layout below I used a sketch from the Sketch2Scrap app. It is so handy to have them on hand. I used a Hipstamatic photo (another iPhone app). I really like the effects, but the photos do come out a little dark once printed out.


Another Hipstamatic photo below, I used more traditional colours as they work so well with the big bow in DD's hair. 

My final layout features me and my lovely new boots. I scrap lifted a page from Julie Bonner's Blog, I was searching for some inspiration and I came across her blog. She has some lovely ideas. I also got to use the lovely papers that I bought at the last crop. 


I have actually done four more layouts this week, but I will show you them next time. So as you can see I am off to a flying start. I have started to make my 12x12 album to put my Christmas layouts in, this is proving a little tricky, but I am hoping to have it finished before the weekend, as there will be no crafting during the weekend as we are off to an outdoor show. Not exactly sure what it entails but I am sure that it will give me a chance to take lots of photos. 

Have a good weekend x

1 comment:

  1. Great layouts Becca and I like your new look blog too. I'm thinking of updating mine soon.
    Are they tags you agged in the boot layout? Great way to add journalling.
    You are on a good roll.... have fun!!

    ReplyDelete